Please direct any referendum-related questions to:
Polling Locations: March 14, 2023
Polls are open between 6 AM-8 PM
|Adamsville Primary School||400 Union Ave, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807||03,07,08,14,15,21,27|
|Bradley Gardens Primary School||148 Pine St., Bridgewater, NJ, 08807||01,02,16|
|Crim Primary School||1300 Crim Road, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807||09,10,12,18,20,23,24,32|
|Hamilton Intermediate School||Hamilton Ln, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807||06,13,17,22,28,29|
|Milltown Primary School||611 Milltown Rd, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807||31,33|
|Van Holten Primary School||256 Van Holten Rd, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807||04,05,11,19,25,26,30,34,35,
|JFK Primary School||255 Woodmere St., Raritan, NJ, 08869||All Raritan Borough Districts|
|Robotics Parent Meeting||Tuesday||January 10||7:00 pm||BRHS Large Cafeteria|
|Choir Parent Meeting||Thursday||January 12||7:00 pm||BRHS Media Center|
|Council of Schools||Tuesday||January 17||9:30 am||Wade Building|
|Raritan Borough Council||Tuesday||January 17||7:00 pm||Municipal Building|
|Eisenhower PTO Meeting||Tuesday||January 17||7:00 pm||Eisenhower Intermediate School|
|Van Holten PTO Meeting||Tuesday||January 17||7:00 pm||Van Holten Primary School|
|Orchestra Parent Meeting||Wednesday||January 18||7:45 pm||BRHS Orchestra Room|
|Staff In-Service Day||Monday||January 23||throughout the day||All Schools, Staff Only|
|JFK ELL Event||Wednesday||February 8||6:00 pm||JFK School Cafeteria|
|Band Parent Meeting||Thursday||February 16||7:30 pm||BRHS Band Room|
|Community Forum||Tuesday||February 21||6:00 pm||BRHS Auditorium|
|Education Foundation Event - An Evening Out for Education||Friday||February 24||6:00 pm||Somerville Elks Lodge|
|APEX Parent Meeting||Saturday||February 25||3:00 pm||Hamilton Primary School|
Bridgewater-Raritan residents will have the opportunity to consider two referendum questions that will greatly enhance both our school district and our community
Question #1 - Zero Tax Impact
Comprised of all Capital/Educational & Facilities Infrastructure Projects listed herein.
Question #2 - Tax Impact
Comprised of a Middle School Addition which would allow for a 6th Grade re-alignment resulting in a traditional 6, 7, 8 Middle School and also free up space at the primary schools to allow for the implementation of a Full Day Kindergarten Program.
Current Debt Service Payments will be Ending in 2023
This will offset the new debt being assumed under the targeted March 2023 Referendum.
State Aid is Available!
- PROJECTED Financial assistance from the state
- 34% SAVINGS on eligible projects (Not all projects are eligible)
- Must be funded through a REFERENDUM
- Must be tied to EDUCATION OR REHABILITATION
- Debt Service Aid from the state helps to pay down the bond and this helps reduce the impact on the taxpayer.
** Current Debt Service Aid Calculations are estimated and based upon 4.5% interest rates subject to change based upon review and approval by DOE.
Enhanced Learning Environments
Educational Programs drive the need to update facilities. The School Community believes that the students deserve facilities that support the academic, social, emotional, wellness and creative opportunities available to them.
Student & Staff Safety
The safety of the students and staff has always been a priority. However, now more than ever, it is crucial to ensure that our schools have all the physical systems and technologies available to protect our students & staff.
Keep Up-to-Date with Operations
So much of what keeps school/facilities running smoothly is the condition of the systems and infrastructure “behind the scenes.” The roofing, windows, heating systems, tech network, and much more are at the core of keeping a building running. Although they go unnoticed in day to day use, it is crucial to keep these systems in good condition.
- While the Board of Education and Administration have successfully addressed many facility needs over the years, the amount of work necessary cannot be completed within the operating budget; WE NEED TO DO MORE...
- We are dealing with aging schools, (OLDEST = 61.0 YEARS OLD) Some with original windows, doors, and other infrastructure items that have reached the end of their life expectancy.
- Current INTEREST RATES are on the rise and we’d like to secure the rate while still somewhat reasonable.
- UP TO 34% DEBT SERVICE AID is available on eligible projects. If approved by the Department of Education, this could mean MILLIONS in savings for Bridgewater-Raritan!
- CURRENT DEBT SERVICE AID PAYMENTS ARE ENDING and therefore, the new debt being assumed under the March Referendum, won’t be adding to an already existing debt.
What We Are Proposing
The Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District will request funding for a DISTRICT-WIDE FACILITIES RENOVATION PROGRAM to include potential INFRASTRUCTURE + CLASSROOM RENOVATION PROJECTS and an ADDITION, via a Referendum Vote on March 14, 2023.
Our Facilities in Need:
The oldest building sections in our school building are:
61 Years Old
Dealing with aging schools, some with original windows, doors, and other infrastructure items that have reached the end of their useful life expectancy.
- Security Measures
- Renovations to Auditorium, Science/STEM Labs, Locker Rooms, Cafetoriums
- Replacement of Window Systems
- Roofing Replacement/Repairs
- Mechanical & Plumbing System Upgrades
- Toilet Room Renovations/Upgrades
- Electrical, Lighting & Fire Alarm Upgrades
- Hazardous Materials Abatement
- Site Projects
- Cafeteria Addition (Bradley Gardens)
- Middle School Addition