The application process for the 2019-2020 Panther Preschool lottery is now closed
In an atmosphere of we all belong, children with and without disabilities are provided with learning opportunities to facilitate academic and social success!
Bridgewater-Raritan's Panther Preschool Program is open to all Bridgewater-Raritan School District children who are 3-4 years of age on or before October 1, 2019. The program seeks to provide a safe and nurturing environment in which children can play and learn. Learning activities, based upon the New Jersey Department of Education's Preschool and Teaching Learning Expectations, are developmental in nature and responsive to the abilities and interests of each child within a routine and structured environment.
The Panther Preschool Program currently consists of eight half day sessions (subject to change) at four primary school locations. The classes contain children identified through the Child Study Team as eligible for special education and related services and general education peers placed through the application and lottery process. The tuition fee for the 2019-2020 school year will be $500/month for the general education peers chosen through the lottery who are not eligible for special education and related services. This monthly fee includes transportation.
If your child meets the Kindergarten cut-off date and will be 5 years of age on or before October 1, 2019, they are not eligible for preschool. Please contact your neighborhood elementary school for Kindergarten registration.
Program runs 5 days per week, Monday – Friday
AM Session: 8:35-11:15am
PM Session: 12:15-2:55pm
- Each inclusion preschool class is comprised of children with special needs and typically developing preschoolers
- Programs are currently located at Adamsville, Bradley Gardens, Crim and Milltown Primary Schools (subject to change)
- Monthly Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year will be $500/month.
- There are no AM/PM preferences – children are chosen for a slot determined by the staff looking at home school location, gender and age
- No pre-screening
- Children must be toilet trained prior to the start date of the program September 5, 2019.
- Transportation is provided to all at no additional cost to families
- Transportation to a daycare facility or babysitter must adhere to the BRRSD Transportation Department’s Policy Rule 3710-R
- Lottery Applications are due by March 1, 2019 – 3:00pm
- Lottery drawing held – March 4, 2019
- Families will be notified of lottery number via email
- Once a student is in the program, he/she may remain in the program until reaching Kindergarten age (turns 5 by October 1 of the current school year – Board Policy 5111)
- Siblings – each sibling requires an application
For further information, please click on the links below or contact
Shana Filep in the Department for Special Services: