Extended School Year
Special Education Extended School Year Program Summer of 2021
If your child is eligible for our Extended School Year Program,
please see below for details.
5 Week Program: July 5 - August 4, 2022
Week 1: Tuesday, July 5 - Friday July 8
Weeks 2 - 5: Monday - Thursday
Students entering Preschool-Grade 5 will attend ESY at Adamsville School
Preschool: 9:00am – 11:00am or 11:15am – 1:15pm
Academics PK-5: 9:00am – 11:00am or 11:15am – 1:15pm
Autism Programs / LLD: 9:00am – 1:15pm
Students entering Grades 6-12 will attend ESY at the High School
Academics 6-12: 8:00am – 10:00am or 10:15am – 12:15pm
Prevocational HS: 8:00am – 12:15pm
Autism Programs / LLD: 8:00am – 12:15pm
The need for ESY will be discussed at your child’s IEP meeting. Qualifying criteria, includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Regression and recoupment – is the child likely to lose critical skills or fail to recover these skills within a reasonable amount of time
- Ability of the student to interact with non-disabled peers
- Emerging skills/breakthrough opportunities – will a lengthy summer break cause significant problems for a child who is learning a key skill
- Interfering Behavior – does the child’s behavior interfere with his or her ability to benefit from special education
- Nature and/or severity of disability
- Ability of the child’s parents to provide educational structure in the home
- Behavioral and physical impairments
Parent Fact Sheets for both Adamsville and the High School in addition to Transportation Request forms are attached below for your convenience.
Please see attached FAQs from the NJ DOE, Office of Special Education Programs for detailed information.
Dr. Dan Silvia, ED.D.
Assistant Superintendent for Special Services