Dear Parents and Guardians:
We are excited to share with you our new innovative technology plans for 5th through 8th -grade students for the 2020-2021 school year.
The Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District believes that technology is a tool to provide students with the 21st-century skills that will keep them competitive in the global workplace. It is not enough to add technology into existing teaching methods. Instead, technology must be strategically implemented to maximize its benefits to the students. The benefits of a technology-infused classroom include the ability for teachers to deliver personalized learning to students, to increase student mastery of technology and 21st-century skills, and to empower students in the learning process. Technology infused into daily instruction allows our teachers to:
- design instruction that will be student-centered and student-directed;
- deliver personalized and differentiated instruction;
- encourage 21st Century Skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity;
- allow students to access, manage and synthesize information; and,
- encourage students to be ethical digital citizens.
We look forward to sharing more information at Back to School Night. Also, please visit our STAR webpage for more details.