Whether distance learning is complete for the day, it’s a quarantined rainy day on a weekend, or you’re enjoying a spring break staycation, we have you covered with bevy of things for kids to do, make and virtually explore!
Make, explore & more!
BUILD AND MAKE
• Learn how to make your own origami using printable with their own folding marks to help you get started
• Make and conquer your very own indoor/outdoor obstacle course!
• America’s Test Kitchen offers free kid-friendly recipes and activities for budding chefs
• Print, trim and play a simple fun Pet Memory Card game
• Feeling fidgety? Create your very own homemade stress ball
• ScratchJr is designed for young creators ages 5-7 and makes coding easy and fun for all
• Engage your inner artist and create 20 fun coffee filter crafts
• Create a calming jar using three basic ingredients (hint: one of them is glitter!)
• Box breathing is a simple stress management exercise for a calm body and more relaxed mind
• Decrease intrusive thoughts and help minimize your stress with through mantra meditation
• Body scan meditation can help release tension you might not even realize you’re experiencing
• Mix and match meditation and exercise benefits with walking meditation
• Get your body moving with a simple 10-minute cardio routine from the Y!
Don’t forget to check out Greater Somerset County YMCA’s exciting videos featuring summer camp crafts for kids of all ages and fitness options for the entire family by visiting gscymca.org/at-home
GREATER SOMERSET COUNTY YMCA
140 Mount Airy Road, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920908 630 3535 Greater Somerset County YMCA is a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. The Y empowers everyone—no matter who they are or where they’re from—by ensuring access to resources, relationships and opportunities for all to learn, grow and thrive.