BRRSD Families and Community Members,
With two days remaining before we begin our distance learning program, staff distributed, yesterday and today, almost 600 devices to help families. Our plan, including full access and food service, is ready to go. We will need everyone’s help.
We know that no distance learning plan can replace the face-to-face instruction and interactions that students have with our incredible staff. We know that a prolonged period of school closure can cause significant challenges for families and students. But, we also know that we need creativity, flexibility, and collaboration as never before if we are to keep our community safe and keep learning going for our students.
To that end, please become familiar with the resources below. They will help you as we all begin this adventure on Monday. The early going may be difficult, with questions appearing and communication challenging. Over the first few days though, with your cooperation, we will find our stride and, together, make this time as free of stress and full of value as possible.
- All resources can be found on our website. Click on the link for Distance Learning on any of our webpages found on the right side of the banner. It also includes links to non-school resources that you may need during this time. We recommend reading through this page over the weekend so that you are prepared for Monday.
- We need your help. For you and your student(s), each day may look different from the one before or after, but we are asking that each student login daily using their district username and password and complete the Attendance Form.
- We ask that you do this every day no later than 10:00 a.m., including Monday.
- If your child is unable to login independently, we ask that a parent/guardian login for that child.
- A form must be completed for each child, each school day.
- The learning platform will officially open at noon on Monday, March 16, 2020. Staff will be working in the Google Classrooms up until that time so we request you do not try to log in until then. This does not prevent students from submitting their attendance by 10 a.m. through the Attendance Form.
- District email and passwords were e-blasted to all parents and guardians on March 13, 2020 in case students need your support.
- Google Meet
- For General Help - Communicate with your classroom teacher.
- For Technology Help, please email: DLDtech@brrsd.k12.nj.us
Please remember that all district activities have been canceled until further notice and that you should not attempt to access a school unless specifically given permission. All communications with instructional and support staff will flow through our online platform. District phones will not be used; please do not call our usual, hard-line phones.
We know that students will react differently. If your students are struggling with this situation, please refer to our Wellness page for community resources, including specific resources on how to talk to your students regarding this situation.
Thank you for your continued collaboration,
Superintendent of Schools