Members of the B-R Community,
Week 2 of Distance Learning is behind us. For two weeks, we have journeyed into the unknown, finding new and innovative ways to work together and continue learning. Our process has impacted families differently, but we found ways this week to celebrate our community. Now, slowly, the unknown is taking shape as our new reality.
Yesterday, we received specific guidance from the governor and the NJDOE regarding school closures. We have been told that a decision to reopen schools will be revisited on April 17, 2020, at the earliest. This aligns with our announcement yesterday that:
- School facilities will remain closed and all activities are canceled or postponed.
- March 30 through April 3, 2020 will be a full week of Distance Learning.
- April 3, 2020 will be the last day of Marking Period 3.
- Student and Parent Portals through PowerSchool will be closed beginning the evening of April 3, 2020. This is standard practice for transition of marking periods. They will reopen after April 24, 2020.
- There will be no Distance Learning from April 6 through April 13, 2020 for Spring Break.
- Our online platform will be open for families to use during this time. Teachers will not be updating lessons or responding to email over the break, but class resources will remain available for families to access. Students and families do not have to send in attendance over the break.
Based on the governor’s timeline:
- April 14 through April 17, 2020 will be Distance Learning Days.
Information beyond that will be contingent on orders from the governor and the NJDOE. We continue to follow their guidance and support all efforts to curb this pandemic. Thank you for all you are doing at home to manage distance learning, and thank you for protecting yourselves, your family members, and our larger community by staying home, practicing social distancing when out, and self-monitoring.
See all the fun that was had at #BRingonthespirit by visiting our website here.
Reminders for the weekend:
- Slow it down and focus on you and your family.
- We are in this together. Do your best and follow your teachers.
- They are taking a break….
- All resources can be found on our Distance Learning webpage.
Have a wonderful weekend.
See you on Monday for Day 11. Stay safe,
Superintendent of Schools