Dear Parents/Guardians and Staff:
We were notified today that an individual from the high school and a district support staff member tested positive for COVID-19. It is important to note the district is in direct contact with the local health department officials on every incident related to COVID-19 and is coordinating closely with public health officials and following CDC, state, and local health department guidance in order to assure the health and safety of our community.
Based upon our consultation with the local health department, all individuals required to quarantine have already been contacted. To be clear, at this time, if you have not been contacted by the school, your child was not impacted by this.
We understand the level of concern regarding COVID-19. We encourage parents, students, and staff to continue following the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) promoted safeguards, such as:
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
- Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
- Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils;
- Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
- Wearing a face covering while in school; and
- Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
As always, we appreciate our community’s support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant, but sensible, in your approach to dealing with this health concern. We ask that parents rely on the school officials for accurate information about COVID-19. Should you have any questions about this situation, please feel free to contact your child’s building principal. Below are some resources that may be helpful.
Linked here is a table of the positive COVID-19 cases by school to date at Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District.
Dr. Thomas Ficarra
Interim Superintendent of Schools