Good Evening and Happy Friday,
I hope you and your families are safe. Based on the recent communication we have received, I want to remind everyone that we have a separate set of resources to support families as we work through our current reality. These include district resources as well as those in our larger, B-R community. They can be found by visiting our District Health and Wellness Page by clicking on COVID-19. We are in this together, so continue to contact your teachers and building administrators if you need assistance.
- Timelines and calendar
- Information on our upcoming Public Budget Hearing and access to the proposed budget and our form for submitting questions can be found here.
- As per the governor’s directive, we will remain on DL until at least May 18, 2020.
- The academic calendar will remain the same for the rest of this school year. Barring emergent events, May 1, May 27, and June 5, will become days off from DL.
- Every effort will be made to hold our special events in the safest and most inclusive ways possible. Unfortunately, due to contract and safety issues, we may have to cancel some completely. As this occurs, you will receive direct communication from your school or organization.
- The district continues to deliver food to qualified families. If your financial situation has changed due to this crisis, please let us know by going to our website here (Select Free and Reduced Lunch).
- All facilities remain closed to the public. We know that outdoor activity during this time is needed. We encourage it for you and your families, but please remember to follow social distancing. Further, the district is not cleaning outdoor equipment. Please do not use any outdoor equipment, including playground elements, at this time. Following the recommendations from our health offices, contact with objects like these has been deemed not safe at this time.
- All information and resources can be found on our Distance Learning webpage.
- There is a separate page with Wellness Resources connected directly to the COVID-19.
- Attendance must be submitted each day by 10 a.m. with our Attendance Form.
- Remember to log in to Chrome as each student
- For Tech Support, email: DLDtech@brrsd.k12.nj.us
Please continue to make healthy decisions and reach out if you need anything.
Superintendent of Schools