I hope you and your family had a good week of Distance Learning. This “new normal” seems anything but normal. We hope you are safe and are finding ways to make this as positive an experience as possible. We are here to help in every way, so let us know if and how we can. As we move into the weekend, please see the important information below.
- Timelines and calendar
- We continue to follow the governor’s directive and as such, we will remain on DL until at least May 18, 2020. The governor will revisit this decision as we get closer to that date.
- The academic calendar will remain the same for the rest of this school year. This means that as we approach give-back days, if we have not had to close for emergent reasons, these days will become days that we are off. There will be no Distance Learning in this case. These days include May 1, May 27, and June 5. Each will be confirmed, one at a time, through separate email.
- It is becoming necessary to address upcoming events that are traditionally held at the end of the school year. We are doing all we can to find different ways to maintain these events, including field trips as well as the celebrations and ceremonies that are a long-standing part of our district and our community. Administrators are working with staff and when appropriate, students, to identify and plan alternative ways to honor our traditions and to provide our current students with opportunities to enjoy events they have long worked toward and looked forward to. Every effort will be made to hold our special events in the safest and most inclusive ways possible. Unfortunately, due to contract and safety issues, we may have to cancel some completely. As this occurs, you will receive direct communication from your school or organization.
- In order to minimize the number of communications coming home, barring an emergent situation, district communications will come out on Tuesdays and Fridays only.
- The district continues to deliver food to qualified families. If your financial situation has changed due to this crisis, please let us know by going to our website here (Select Free and Reduced Lunch).
- All facilities remain closed to the public. We know that outdoor activity during this time is needed. We encourage it for you and your families, but please remember to follow social distancing. Further, the district is not cleaning outdoor equipment. Please do not use any outdoor equipment, including playground elements, at this time. Following the recommendations from our health offices, contact with objects like these has been deemed not safe at this time.
- Stay home as much as possible; When you are out, practice social distancing.
- Pay careful attention to yourselves and your family members. Resources for support can be found on our Distance Learning webpage.
- Attendance must be submitted each day by 10 a.m. with our Attendance Form.
- Remember to log in to Chrome as each student
- For Tech Support, email: DLDtech@brrsd.k12.nj.us
This is a difficult situation but we will get through it together. Thanks for making B-R such an incredible community.
Please stay safe,
Superintendent of Schools